Most of the patients who contemplate plastic surgery are worried about the post-operative course and recovery. Here are a few tips that can help you get through your recovery phase successfully:
- Apply cold compresses 20 minutes on and 40 minutes off to the swollen areas. Do not apply the cold pack directly. You can use a thin towel or cloth to the affected area.
- Rest and sleep on your back in an inclined position for initial days of postoperative period.
- Avoid hot showers and food containing high salt.
- Eat lettuce, eggs, yoghurt, and drink plenty of pineapple juice to reduce swelling.
- You can use a medical compression garment to speed up the healing.
Rhinoplasty is one of the most effective, safe, and sought after cosmetic procedures. In order to seek expected results, proper recovery is very important. Here are some helpful tips that will help you recovering after the procedure:
- Your face will experience puffiness during the first 24-hours after the surgery. It may also be accompanied by swelling, pain, and even dull headaches. You should be religious in taking your pain medications. It is advisable to rest in bed with the head raised.
- You will be asked to stay under observation for a couple of hours after the surgery. Any postoperative complications or excess bleeding should be immediately brought into the notice of the surgeon.
- You might experience some drainage and stuffiness in your nose for the first week. As the tissues are still in the process of healing, you should not try to blow your nose.
- You will get instructions from your surgeon on how to slowly and steadily get back to your normal routine. You should avoid running, swimming, and any kind of strenuous activity for at least three weeks.
- Wash your face gently and avoid rubbing your nose hard. Also, be extra cautious to protect your nose against any accidental bumps.
- It is important to adhere to all your followup visits after the surgery. This will ensure that you are healing well and will help you get back to your daily activities in a timely manner.
After having your face lift surgery, you would probably be excited to see how your new face feels and looks, but you should be aware that the recovery and healing process takes time. Listed below you will find a few tips on dealing with the recovery period after having a face lift surgery:
You may feel cold and nauseated after the surgery while walking in the recovery room, which is normal. You can ask for a warm blanket if you feel cold. You can also ask for a medication for nausea to ease the things up.
Upon waking up, your face may feel tight and tender. Your surgeon will have applied large fluffy dressing on your face after the surgery. Don’t worry, this dressing will be replaced with an elastic wrap within a day or two.
You should come to undergo surgery with your family member or friend to drive you home and you will be groggy and bandaged after the surgery.
Don’s be afraid of bruising and swelling, which are a normal part of healing process. As the days will go on, this will dissipate. Be patient and get ready for discover your new improved looks.
Sleep on two pillows to keep your head elevated. You can even buy wedge-shaped pillow sold at many pharmacies and surgical supply stores to keep your head still.
You may be asked to rinse your mouth out with an antiseptic mouthwash several times a day.
In present times when youth and beauty is given so much weight, not many people are content to just grow old gracefully. Medical science has revolutionized the ways to maintain the youthful looks despite aging. Various cosmetic procedures are becoming increasingly popular to prolong youth and sustain beauty. Facelift NYC is one such cosmetic procedure that erases the signs of aging off your face making you look many years younger.
Like any other cosmetic procedure, face lift needs to be approached with caution and education. Firstly, you should be sure about the fact that you need this procedure for yourself and not to please others. You should not simply undergo the procedure because someone tells you. Going under the knife for cosmetic purposes is an important decision and you should go for it only if you think that it will make you look and feel better and more confidant. Once you are certain about your decision to undergo surgery, you should begin with some research about the surgery. You should learn about the expense, precautions and estimated recovery time. You can also talk to people who have undergone face lift for insight.
There is no dearth of good cosmetic surgeons in New York City. However, you should choose the surgeon who is simply the best of all in terms of certifications, experience, and reputation. A prior consultation with the surgeon of your choice will make you familiar with various aspects of surgery. Be sure to ask any questions that you have in mind about the procedure. Your cosmetic surgeon will make you comfortable by throwing light on his technique to perform the surgery, ways to avoid risks, and how to speed up healing process.
The success of face lift NYC largely depends upon the cosmetic surgeon. If done successfully, the procedure can enormously change the way you look by making you appear younger and will help you win compliments and praise.
Dr. Jennifer Levine is a top notch board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience in facelift NYC surgery. To know more about her and various procedures she performs, check out http://www.drjenniferlevine.com
Fine lines, wrinkles, and skin discolorations not only makes a person look older than the actual age but also are detrimental to the self esteem and confidence. Now days, with introduction of Face lift surgery, combating these signs of aging has become easier than ever. FaceLift NYC is a procedure that improves the facial appearance by readjusting part of facial skin and muscle tissue.
Usually, face lift is performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia. There are many variations in face lift surgeries depending upon the patient’s facial structure, amount of correction required, and surgeon’s preferred procedure. Typically, surgeon begins with making an incision along the hairline just above the ear. The location of the incision is designed in such a way to hide any scars, later. In a basic technique, surgeon trims the excess skin from the edges, pulls the skin back, and sutures it into place.
Once you have made up your mind that face lift is the procedure you have been waiting for, next step is to choose a board-certified and reputable cosmetic surgeon. Pre-procedural meeting with the surgeon helps in discussing the surgery, clarify your doubts about the results, and potential problems that may or may not occur. Your surgeon may advise a course of Vitamin C and K to fasten the healing process.
If you suffer from any chronic medical condition, you should consult your primary physician before undergoing surgery. In case, you consume medications that may interfere with blood clotting, you should also bring it to your surgeon’s notice. He might ask you to temporarily stop these medications to lower the associated risks. Some swelling and bruising are normal after the surgery and they eventually subside in following weeks. The scars of surgery become almost invisible after a few months.
If you wish to gain a relaxed and youthful look for a long period of time, Facelift NYC is indeed the right choice for you.