Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures, especially in NYC. The nose is the centerpiece of the face, making even small adjustments capable of harmonizing all of its features. The key to having the best rhinoplasty experience is, first, to find an experienced board certified facial plastic surgeon. Having a qualified professional perform your procedure helps ensure that you get the results you are looking for.
Once you have selected the best rhinoplasty plastic surgeon for you, here are 3 tips to follow before your surgery:
- Have before (and after) pictures taken. While most doctors do this, be sure to ask as you will want to see the full results, which typically show at 12 months after the surgery.
- Discontinue the use of aspirin two weeks before and two weeks after your rhinoplasty surgery. If you are unsure if other medications or supplements should be stopped, be sure to consult with your doctor.
- Ask a relative or friend to take you home after your surgery as you will not be able to drive yourself. As the first few days will require you to take some downtime, it is also highly advised to have a friend or relative help you with day-to-day tasks.
After you have experienced the best rhinoplasty in NYC, follow these 3 steps to ensure a smooth recovery process. Keep in mind that proper recovery will also help achieve ideal results.
- For the first 2 to 4 weeks, avoid strenuous activity, eat soft, and low-sodium foods. Also, avoid wearing glasses for the first 6 weeks.
- Wear sunscreen and keep your face in the shade for at least a few months after the procedure.
- Be patient. The healing process can take a year or more, which is when you will be able to see your full results.
Ready to look your best? Schedule your rhinoplasty NYC consultation by calling 212.517.9400.