Did you know? Because of its central positioning on the face, even the slightest changes to the nose can alter the overall appearance of the face.
But patients don’t always consider that modifying their nose is the key to achieving your desired look. Some think that they need more volume in their cheeks or modifications to their chin while it’s their nose that alters the appearance of those features by making them seem more or less pronounced.
Because the nose is a key structure to facial aesthetics, it’s important to discuss your goals with a board certified rhinoplasty surgeon in NYC who can best guide you with an individualized plan for achieving them.
Let’s explore your options.
What is a Rhinoplasty?
A rhinoplasty, stemming from the Greek words “rhinos” (nose) and “plassein” (to shape) is a procedure that modifies the size and shape of your nose. Surgical rhinoplasty can also help improve its function by easing your ability to breathe..
Surgical vs. Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
Although a ‘rhinoplasty’ traditionally signifies the surgical approach to shaping the nose, the growing popularity of ‘liquid rhinoplasty’ treatments has lent the word to also represent a non-surgical approach.
While a non-surgical nose job can be an effective way to make small, temporary modifications, it is not a solution for all nasal changes.
Are you a candidate for a Non-Surgical Nose Job?
Watch as globally-recognized expert in aesthetics and rhinoplasty surgeon in NYC, Dr. Jennifer Levine, explains which procedure is best for various concerns.
What is a Non-Surgical Nose Job?
There are two main approaches to modifying the nose without surgery. One is colloquially called ‘liquid rhinoplasty’ because it uses gel-like cosmetic filler to temporarily address imbalances such as a:
- Dent on the bridge of the nose
- Dent on the tip of the nose
- Mild to moderate nasal hump or bridge
A non-surgical nose job can also be completed with the use of PDO threads. This method is specifically used to lift the tip of the nose.
Benefits of a Non-Surgical Nose Job
Some of the reasons non-surgical rhinoplasty increased in popularity in the past several years include:
- Temporary results can help patients decide if they want to proceed with the permanent modifications of a surgical rhinoplasty.
- Reversible results from liquid rhinoplasty. Hyaluronic acid-based fillers can be reversible if the patient is unhappy with their appearance after the full results appear.
- Quicker visible improvement. While complete results take approximately 7 – 14 days to appear, patients can see some immediate improvements.
- Little to no downtime. Unlike a surgical rhinoplasty, this treatment requires no downtime and the patient can return to normal activities almost immediately. Specific directions are given for washing the face and exercising, depending on the individual patient.
- Available to patients who are unable to undergo surgery due to health conditions.
WARNING: If you are considering a non-surgical nose job, watch this warning from a double board-certified rhinoplasty expert.
Rhinoplasty Before and After in New York
Dr. Jennifer Levine is New York’s top rhinoplasty specialist. She has performed over 10,000 nasal surgical procedures over her 25 years in practice and is a double-board certified facial plastic surgeon.
Surgical Nose Job Results NYC
View more transformations here.
Did you know? You can preview your surgical results with our 3D consultation, which you can start right now from the comfort of your home. .
Non-Surgical Nose Job Results NYC
View more transformations here.
Find out more about rhinoplasty treatments in New York or book a consultation today by contacting our team.