Whether you are a career mom or devote all of your time to your family, “back-to-school” can be a stressful time for us moms. You would imagine that having kids out of the house would reduce our to-do list, but instead it just gets longer. Between arranging drop-off and pick-up, after-school activities, understanding the new way of teaching division and making sure our kids dress themselves properly, we forget to take care of ourselves!
The following beauty tips are tailored for you, busy moms, so that you can take on the world without feeling like you’re neglecting yourself.
1. The Multitasking Product. Busy moms always need to multitask so why not use a multitasking product? Try Neocutis Journee, a tinted cream, to smooth out unwanted wrinkles, hydrate your skin, repair it from daily damage and protect it from the sun! Another one of my favorites is SkinMedica TOTAL DEFENSE + REPAIR sunscreen, which is available for purchase in our office, so you don’t have to wait for it to ship.
2. Minimal Downtime. You are probably too familiar with this term… but in this case, it’s a great thing! Treatments such as Ulthera and Botox do not require downtime, which means you can get them down during your lunch hour! Plus, these treatments are safe for all skin types.
3. Eat Right. Even superwoman needs energy to fuel her adventures. Here is a breakfast smoothie that is healthy, nutritious and fast: ½ cup milk, 6 oz non-fat Greek yogurt (FAGE is great!), 5 almonds, 1 banana, 1 red apple, ¼ tsp cinnamon. Blend until smooth and enjoy!
4. Great Hair Day. Let’s face it – everything is better when you’re having a great hair day. A quick way to get more volume and bounce in your hair without damaging it is to throw on some hot rollers or Velcro rollers while you’re doing your makeup in the morning.
5. Recharge. No matter how busy you are, it’s always a good idea to set aside some “you-time” to do something to help you recharge. A bath with Epsom salt and a good book can help you relax and make your skin feel soft and smooth. Personally, I schedule out time to take Hot Yoga classes, which allows me to clear my mind and help detox my skin!